Monday, September 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Banana Marshmallow Coconut Quesadilla


This one is pretty much just what it sounds like. If I ever have kids, I’m pretty sure that making this will entitle me to some sort of mother-of-the-year award. I wish I could patent this … well, not quite recipe, but food-assembly method.

I’m always buying tortillas for quesadillas, but I kept throwing out half-packages before they got used up. I hit upon this idea one day when I was out of bread but still hankering for a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch. I made it without the marshmallows first, but it was missing that je ne sais quoi. The coconut is nice but less-essential if you don't happen to have any on hand.

Peanut Butter Banana Marshmallow Coconut Quesadilla
1 8” flour tortilla, brushed lightly with butter or margarine on one side
2 tablespoons peanut butter
handful of marshmallows (I want to say 2 tablespoons, but I probably use closer to ¼ cup)
½ medium banana, sliced
1-2 tablespoons of flaked coconut (I use sweetened, but I’m sure unsweetened would work)

Place tortilla butter-side-down on a nonstick skillet set to medium heat. While browning, quickly spread peanut butter on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle marshmallows on other half. Layer sliced banana over peanut butter and sprinkle coconut over marshmallows. Like this:When brown at the bottom, sandwich the two sides together and cut in half. Serves one.

The marshmallows get melty and gooey and are so delightful. I think this might be the best quick meal ever.

In other news, I finally discovered macro, so yay! for less fuzzy pictures.

Printable recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god I WANT this. Like right now. Neeeeeed to figure out where the hell I can buy marshmallows in Copenhagen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely they have marshmallows in Copenhagen?!? Or marshmallow fluff ... I'm sure that would work in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete